It's been a while since I've made a post on Beer and Buckjumpers. For that matter, it's been a while since I've had chance to do any proper modelling. In the meantime we've decorated our study, and one of the spare rooms at home, so I can't really say that I've been idle.
However this morning I had some peaceful time, and the opportunity to pick up a smaller paintbrush. I'm pleased to have been able to make some progress towards finishing the Pug. I was very pleased that it ran successfully on the Pampisford test day back in June (full story here: [click link] on the Scalefour Society Forum) although it's appearance in the rather bright basecoat probably scared the horses!
So this morning I donned the white cotton gloves, and picked up (very well shaken) black paint and a size 1 paintbrush, and started. I definitely needed the first strong coffee of the day to steady my hand, but the knack soon returned, and I've made a start at blocking in the colours.
What I'm aiming for is the picture in the background... Much weathering to be added after the initial painting is done! I've cried off the panelling and reverse corners on the cab for the moment, but they will probably be done next, when I have a little better light - although I see that the sun has just come out :-)
I've also noticed that I've forgotten to add a replacement smokebox door handle. The original moulded plastic one was carved off. I'll leave that for the moment, and hopefully remember to put a new turned brass one on when the majority of the painting is completed.