Thursday 13 December 2012

Making contacts

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted anything, or indeed had chance to do any modelling.  However when I was on the Scalefour Society stand at Warley (and thank you to all the current and new members that took the time to say hello and chat) I had my little Pug running up and down on a metre of plain track - just for something to do.  Whilst it ran well, it could have run better.  It stuttered occasionally at low speed...

So when I was back at home and had the chance to wield some wire and a soldering iron, I made and fitted an extra set of pick-ups:

You should be able to see that the forward wheel now has pickups both front and rear.  The outboard ones are the new ones, and they slide between the bottom of the frames and the brake rodding.  The white rectangle behind them is a small piece of cartridge paper that is epoxied in place.  The purpose is to prevent an accidental short against the frame.

Buoyed by the success of this, I went on immediately to put and extra set on the tram locomotive:

I haven't had chance to perform a test run of either of them yet, although I may just get time to do so this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment